RE: RoboHelp and SourceSafe Question

Subject: RE: RoboHelp and SourceSafe Question
From: "Toohey, Brian" <briant -at- applix -dot- com>
To: "A.H." <isaac840 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:56:06 -0400

It sounds like you inadvertently set up a share in SourceSafe, where
changes in one project are automatically propagated to all shared
projects.

Here's how I usually do it:

1. Copy your local RoboHelp project directory to a new location. For
example, if your RH project dir is named Rel_1, copy it to a new
directory named Rel_2.

2. Create a new project in SourceSafe.

3. Add the new RH directory created in step 1 to the new Source Safe
project. Be sure to enable the 'recursive' option when adding the RH
directory, you want to include all subdirectories.

That's about it. If you're at all familiar with Source Safe you'll be
able to answer the minor prompts presented while adding the RH dir to
the SS project.

-Brian