Re: Generating PDFs from Word

Subject: Re: Generating PDFs from Word
From: "Walter Campbell" <atypicaluser -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Kevin McGowan" <thatguy_80 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:09:34 -0700

Kevin,

Although several folks have suggested different conversion tools, I'm not
sure that will help. From the message below, it appears one of the fonts
used in your document "ArialMT" can't be embedded in the PDF you're
creating.

Often, this types of error indicates a licensing problem, not a technology
problem. Whoever created ArialMT may have prohibited it from being embedded
in a PDF. If so, it's hard to imagine any conversion tool handling this
smoothly, unless it automatically substitutes a different font for the
non-embeddable one.

You might try replacing ArialMT with, say, Arial and then convert it again.
My guess is the error will go away. I'd be interested to know if that's not
the case, as I've yet to encounter a font-related problem that was actually
(when all is said and done) Distiller's fault.

Best,

--
Walt Campbell
atypicaluser (at) gmail (dot) com