Re: RoboHelp HTML Help Question (Missing Index tab)

Subject: Re: RoboHelp HTML Help Question (Missing Index tab)
From: "Deborah Salverda" <DSalverda -at- au -dot- atex -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:07:34 +1000

This question was posted quite a while ago so I gather Cindy has found a
solution to the problem of the missing Index tab by now. Nevertheless, I
thought I'd post what worked for me because I haven't been able to find
any replies in the archives: adding a new entry to the index enables the
help to properly display the index tab.

This was for a binary index consisting of a combination of keywords
embedded in topics and entries in the index file in a project that was
originally created in RoboHTML 2000 and migrated to RoboHelp X5.

cheers,
deborah

Subject: RoboHelp HTML Help Question
From: "Cindy Hudson" <cindy -dot- hudson -at- activant -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:27:09 -0500

I'm using RoboHelp X5 to generate HTML Help. The problem is that the
Index tab is missing in the generated help. The RoboHelp expert is no
longer with us, so I'm trying to learn this and update the files.

This is what I've already checked/tried:

- The index was created and the tab appeared in a previous version done
by the other writer.
I can generate it in WebHelp, but not in HTML Help.
- The Windows properties have TOC & Index checked.
- Primary layout is Microsoft HTML Help.
- When I click Generate, the Next button is grayed out so I can't access
any of the
options there other than Finish.

Does anyone have ideas on what I might try next?

Cindy