Re: Friday Fun: What Pet Peeve makes you puke?

Subject: Re: Friday Fun: What Pet Peeve makes you puke?
From: "David Loveless" <daveloveless -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:28:51 -0600

Let's see...

I think my big pet peeve is the word "paradigm." I just don't like it.
I once made a bet with a coworker over who would hear the word
correctly and effectively used in spoken English. It took almost 3
weeks before I heard a professor of English finally use it correctly.

Oh, and I am sadly one who has a brain malfunction everytime I face
the "lose" "loose" situation. I don't know why, I just am. In fact,
they are two of those trouble words that I have posted in a special
place so I can quickly look them up.

So until I learn, please send me a bumper sticker. I'll make sure to
put it on my parents' car.

Dave