Quality Assurance Suite - Ideas Solicited

Subject: Quality Assurance Suite - Ideas Solicited
From: "Zuercher, Darrell" <dzuerche -at- tva -dot- gov>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:37:11 -0400

I have been lurking for a few weeks, but now I need some guidance.

The development team I support is investigating a more formal quality
assurance approach. Currently, we use a number of independent tools to
test software quality and rely on customer acceptance testing for
functionality completeness. We are now shopping for an integrated suite
of quality assurance software that will handle regression, robustness,
and acceptance testing. The person performing the vendor comparisons has
seen the demos for CompuWare and Mercury, but he is looking for
additional vendors.

Would those of you who work on QA documentation please submit the
vendors whose product(s) you use? We would like to compare as many as
possible (and feasible).

Thank you,

Darrell Zuercher
Technical Writer