RE: Friday Fun: What Pet Peeve makes you puke?

Subject: RE: Friday Fun: What Pet Peeve makes you puke?
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "'Ron Hearn'" <RHearn -at- cucbc -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:03:36 -0400

> From: Ron Hearn

> A curiosity more than a peeve I have is the "homonym phenomenon" found
> in emails and IMs (but hopefully not our docs). That's when people use
> "your" for "you're", "there" for "their" etc. Just wondering
> why people
> do that? Is it that people are in a hurry that they don't think about
> what they're (got that one) typing or is it a lack of spelling and/or
> typing skills? Any thoughts?

I think it's just a question of speed in typing and not reviewing one's
e-mails before sending. I've done it myself, and I've seen others who
definitely know which is correct do it, too, so I know it's usually not a
lack of knowledge. With some it might be, but by and large, I think it's the
speed demons forgetting to double-check their messages before clicking Send.

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com