RE: Metrics for Technical Writing.

Subject: RE: Metrics for Technical Writing.
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:47:06 -0400

A reduction in the number of clicks could indicate:

A. That the user has learned sufficiently from the online help to be
able to work more independently.
B. That the user has grown so frustrated by the online help as to give
up on it altogether.

An increase in the number of clicks could indicate:

A. That the application is getting harder for the user to operate as
time goes on.
B. That the online help is so helpful that the user trusts it more and
more for solving problems.

-- Dan Goldstein

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.