Re: Dating the Internet (was Re: Funny Tech Writing)

Subject: Re: Dating the Internet (was Re: Funny Tech Writing)
From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Mike McCallister" <workingwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:18:12 -0400

Bill must be meaning Mosaic, as that was the first graphical browser.

Yes, yes... my bad. I have Mozilla on the brain this week...
troubleshooting various displays in various browsers... 5 points for
you. ;-)

It was already out when I got my first Internet account (got a job at
the U of Wisconsin-Madison). But I do remember the first
Mozilla/Netscape beta release, and the contest they held to design a
new icon to spin while the browser was loading.

I do remember that, but I never submitted a design. A friend of mine
submitted one and received a letter in response detailing exactly why
it was inappropriate. ;-)

And to respond to someone else, I not only remember Prodigy, I still
(kinda) have a Prodigy account! It now connects to a spiffy AT&T Yahoo
DSL server, instead of something in White Plains, NY.

No Prodigy for me...

I do have to say that I've had the same e-mail account (it's gone
through some domain changes over the years but is the very same
account) for over 9 years now. I wonder how long it takes for
something like that to be considered an antique. ;-)

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter