Re: New phishing scam trick

Subject: Re: New phishing scam trick
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 10:32:43 -0500

I much simpler way is to use View|Message Source, then see what email address or server the email originated from. Usually you'll notice something funny looking right away.

Michele

"There are no dull subjects. There are only dull writers." -HL Mencken
Michele
www.krautgrrl.com
www.krautboy.com
and the uber empyre

Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

The safer thing to do is simply delete the email, then go to the bank
or company's home page, i.e., www.paypal.com, and then log into
your account manually. If there's really anything wrong with your
account, you'll get some kind of dialog or message when you log
in.