Re: Marketing Standards

Subject: Re: Marketing Standards
From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "David Tinsley" <dtinsley -at- ndigital -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 09:45:18 -0400

I am thinking of presenting literature from companies that produce a
range of diverse products and showing that they still have the same
overall style. Boeing seems to do that, but if anyone has any other
examples please pass them on.

How about Microsoft? It's something each one of them sees every day,
whether it be the Windows logo on screen or on their machines' cases,
in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, blah blah blah... Logos, colors,
placement, font face, etc... it's everywhere. Actually MS might be a
good example if you're looking for a consistent brand while allowing
the various product managers some leeway in creating a unique product
face... the corporate brand is propagated throughout all MS
technologies but each technology has its own identity as well.

I am also thinking that I will present the idea of a marketing
literature style guide, similar to the TechComm style guide we have for
manuals. Any thoughts on that idea?

Makes perfect sense.

--
Bill Swallow