RE: visio

Subject: RE: visio
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>, obair <obair81 -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 05:09:38 -0700 (PDT)

> > > I looked at this at the full 400% in visio, and
> > > sure enough the arrows were off.
> > > They looked fine at 100%.
> > > Once I fixed them at 400%, the PDF came out fine.
>
> The connector tool will actually "bond" your starting and
> ending point of your arrows to a handle of whatever shape(s)

Ken...

It never dawned on me that it was possible that he wasn't using
connection points. ALWAYS use connection points when you are pointing
an arrow to an object. if you don't, the first time someone asks you
to move an object, you'll spend more time moving the arrows than you
will the object, and if it's a complex drawing, you'll never get it
right.

> you're connecting. That way, you always know the arrows are
> pointing to the correct place. Of course, if you're connecting
> elements that don't have handles, that
> makes the connector tool a less applicable option.

Then add them. You can add as many connection points to any object as
you want. I've had as many as 20 connection points on an object. You
can even add connection points in the middle of a line

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"So long and thanks for all the fish."