Re: Programs to create a software walk-through?

Subject: Re: Programs to create a software walk-through?
From: "Collin T" <tutivillus -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 07:48:19 -0600

That's an interesting setup...not allowing access to a local drive.

If you had a robust connection to a network drive then you probably
wouldn't have an issue with Captivate. Personally, however, I
wouldn't recommend it. Captivate is a pretty hefty program that
generates some sizable files...best to have a local drive at your
disposal.

-Collin Turner

On 5/17/06, Chris L <techwrite -at- zulublue -dot- com> wrote:

We have been thinking about buying Captivate but some of this discussion
concerns me. Our work SOE has locked off access to C: and our My Documents
is actually mapped to a network drive so we would never have the option to
work on a local disk. I gather that this makes Captivate unhappy?

Has anyone used a recent version of Viewlet Builder? I used it a few years
ago and rather liked it.

Chris