Re: Is there a formal name for an inspection process

Subject: Re: Is there a formal name for an inspection process
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 19:32:44 -0400

Um, rearranging the deck chairs? No, this would be so they can
actually budget time for the developers to review stuff. If
it's derived from the "average" time to review a particular kind
of doc, then there might be a stiff penalty applied to those
docs that need longer than the allocated time. But of course that
happens anyway..."No time to review it. I'm on another project
now, and I've been told not to talk to you. You'll have to go
to [the new guy who's learning about the project from reading
the docs you're trying to get reviewed]."

John Posada wrote:

My manager's manager came to us asking if we knew the name of an
existing formal methodology that was used for determining the length
of time to be allocated for document review for developers.
I'm not talking about a homegrown process...this has a specific name
and specific steps. She wasn't sure if maybe it was developed by
Carnegie-Mellon, maybe by Unisys?

Has anyone heard of this defined methodology?