RE: sharing an office

Subject: RE: sharing an office
From: mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:53:00 -0400

Geoff Lane responded to quills -at- airmail -dot- net who wrote;

> > Or perhaps you boss has an interpretation of this
> "regulation" that is not
> > being passed on to.
> ---
>
> 30 inches per person? There are two people for who that space is an
> escape route. I suspect the boss might be interpreting the requirement
> to mean that each must have 30 inches (i.e. five foot gap) so that
> they can escape simultaneously.

Sounds like that's what's going on. Quills oughta ask that boss to imagine
how wide the halls would need to be in a thousand-person company if the
regulation required that they all be able to walk out line-abreast when the
fire-alarm sounds.

Each person must have _access_ to a 30-inch-wide passage. Or the route that
the person would take must be no narrower than 30 inches at any point.

Kevin (who chaired our Health and Safety committee for several years)