Updating Existing TOC in Frame

Subject: Updating Existing TOC in Frame
From: "Kwiatkowski Richard (ST-VS/DOC-La)" <Richard -dot- Kwiatkowski -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:06:24 -0400

Greetings,

I am having a problem with FrameMaker updating and existing TOC. I copy my template TOC into the new directory, which contains the book file and the chapter files. I add the TOC into the book, then change the name of the TOC to match that of the book file (for instance, if the name of the book is installationbook, I change the name of the TOC to installationbookTOC.fm) as stated in the Complete Reference for FrameMaker 7. When I update the book, however, Frame does not update the TOC.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I missed something in the reference?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Rich

With kind regards | mit freundlichen Grüßen | Met vriendelijke groeten

Richard Kwiatkowski
Richard Kwiatkowski
Bosch Security Systems
Senior Technical Writer (ST-VS/DOC-La3)
850 Greenfield Road - Lancaster PA 17601 - USA
Telephone: +1 (717) 735-6538 Fax: +1 (866) 429-5380
richard -dot- kwiatkowski -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com <mailto:richard -dot- kwiatkowski -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com>
www.boschsecuritysystems.com