RE: Locating buried documents?

Subject: RE: Locating buried documents?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Evans, Diane L \(Rosetta\)" <diane_evans -at- merck -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 07:58:00 -0700 (PDT)

>> Kathleen Parrott's original question: <<Can any of you
>> kind folks tell me how you have resolved the problem of
>> users being unable to locate documents?
>> Our online system is huge and the options are endless,
>> but it seems no one can find what they're looking for...>>

> I recently wrote an article in the Intercom about document control.
> (If you would like a copy, just email me off-list.)

I'm not sure what Kathleen is looking for. She said her Six Sigma
greenbelt project was to fix the help...not COULD it be, but that it
was. If it is the project, then it needs to be done according to the
Six Sigma guidelines.

If she's looking for any old solution, then it isn't a Six Sigma
project and whether any of the proposed solutions will work or not is
a crapshoot.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"So long and thanks for all the fish."