Looking for any local recommendations

Subject: Looking for any local recommendations
From: KOutlaw -at- fiberlink -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 10:47:25 -0400

My company is about to start an ambitious documentation project that is
intended to close some big gaps in our documentation library. Our intent
is to bring in a local consulting firm under contract to do the work,
which will entail interviewing the developers, using the applications
where necessary, and creating the specified documentation. So far I've
contacted a couple companies, including a jobshop that can supply tech
writers and a specialty documentation company closer to New York. We'd
like to be sure we're not missing anyone in our area who can do this work
before we make a decision. At this point, we'd rather work with someone
like the specialty doc company for obvious reasons given that we want
quality and we know good writers can also work to deadlines. Does anyone
out there know of or have experience with any technical documentation
consulting companies in the Philadelphia area that would be able to handle
highly technical material (telecommunications, network security, computer
architecture). We are only wish to work with companies in our "backyard"
so please don't refer companies from other parts of the country. Thanks!