Re: Did I overreact?

Subject: Re: Did I overreact?
From: doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com
To: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 19:42:08 -0700

On Friday 02 June 2006 07:39, Ken wrote:

> In the case Ned describes, I'm a little
> curious why he didn't drive straight from the recuiter's office to the
> hiring company and make an appointment to talk to the HR director
> personally, offering his services at the rate he required and he knew
> they would pay (it's a certain bet the recruiter was charging a
> significantly higher markup). It's obvious the recruiter didn't know the
> requirements of the job and how the candidate's qualifications match up,

This would have basted the recruiter with his own spoon, would it not? :-)

Like it or not from a constitutional perspective, I do admire the symmetry of
what you've suggested, especially considering the alternatives. After all,
balance in the contractor/recruiter relationship demands that they assume the
risks associated with hiring a bozo to interface with contractors.

Anyway, thanks for the true grit reminder about how to survive in a doggy-dog
world. I think perhaps I will tell this tale of double-cross differently in
my memoirs.

Ned Bedinger
doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com