Re: "taboo engineering techniques" (RE: Modularization ofDocumentation)

Subject: Re: "taboo engineering techniques" (RE: Modularization ofDocumentation)
From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Char James-Tanny" <charjtf -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:38:59 -0400

Apparently the search for more info on techwr-l is at least 8 years
old... here's a thread from 1998...

http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/archives/9807/techwhirl-9807-00980.html

On 6/5/06, Char James-Tanny <charjtf -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

It took me a few minutes ;-) but I believe I found the post that made
DFDs "taboo". See
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/archives/0503/techwhirl-0503-01008.html.
Basically, folks kept asking for a definition of DFDs...and Lisa got
frustrated when one wasn't provided. So she stepped in. (By the way,
Lou Quillio jumped in with a link to Wikipedia, and someone else...I
forget who now...responded with several other links.)

Seems to me that the responses since then have been "following the
letter of the law", although not necessarily the spirit. But this is
just my opinion.

Amazing what a few Google searches will produce ;-)

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter