Re: Converting embedded Word Images

Subject: Re: Converting embedded Word Images
From: "Bryan Sherman" <bsherm -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "tech writer tech writer" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:19:14 -0400

If it is in BMP format, it is no longer line (vector) art. BMP is a
pixel-based, not vector based format. Even if the original was vector
(line-art), when it was rendered as a BMP it ceased being a vector format.

On 6/8/06, b -dot- hennessey -at- att -dot- net <b -dot- hennessey -at- att -dot- net> wrote:

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has had any success in copying .bmp from Word
docs into an eps file that is editable? The .bmp files are embedded, not
referenced and I do not have access to the original art. I can copy the file
into Illustrator though after I ungroup the image, I still cannot make any
edits to the image. I want to be able to make edits to the original picture
(line art) and resave as an eps file.

Bobbi