RE: Standard Docset for Hardware/Software Products?

Subject: RE: Standard Docset for Hardware/Software Products?
From: "Jessica Weissman" <Jessica -dot- Weissman -at- hillcrestlabs -dot- com>
To: "Diana Ost" <Diana -dot- Ost -at- msmcorp -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:38:34 -0400

I entered define: "stalking horse" into Google and got this, which is
close enough. Essentially, a stalking horse is a decoy or proxy. I am
not sure what metaphor died to give us the phrase.

- Jessica

A stalking horse is someone whose role is to become the focal point for,
or the initiator of, a debate or challenge. In reality, however, their
leadership role may be an illusion. In practice they are working to
promote a challenge or debate that will benefit a third party whose
identity remains a secret. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalking_horse