Re: OFF-TOPIC question about an office thing

Subject: Re: OFF-TOPIC question about an office thing
From: "Elaine Garnet" <2egarnet -at- rogers -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:20:02 -0400

Unfortunately, it has become a problem in recent years. Is it because there are more people with allergies or is it because people with allergies now feel freer to speak out about what makes them uncomfortable?

I also work at home but I network widely and several groups have asked that members arrive scent free. Many people are sensitive to scents, which can have harmful chemicals as contstituents. Some can become quite ill.

There was a time when I spoke out against cigarette smoke in the office and was treated as a freak. Now, in the Province of Ontario, we have a complete ban on smoking in the workplace and in public places.

I would suggest that your girlfriend not wear scent out of consideration for her co-worker. She will be just as beautiful without it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>