RE: OFF-TOPIC question about an office thing

Subject: RE: OFF-TOPIC question about an office thing
From: "Vicky Moorman" <vicky -at- cleartechnical -dot- ca>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:22:53 -0600

I, too, am sensitive to perfumes and fragrances. I use scent free laundry
soaps and body soaps, and do not use any hair products other than shampoo. I
do not use scented lotions or perfumes of any kind.

You have to wonder... what is the objective of "cutting a wide swath" as I
call it? All it does is annoy other people. There is no place for
'artificial' pheromones in business, just as there is no place for hitting
on your co-workers.

I feel that it is very rude to wear excessive fragrance of any kind where
people are "trapped" within your scent range. I expect fragrance on an
evening out (though, again, not anywhere where people are trapped next to
you - as in the case of a theatre, movie, or performance, etc.).

Great topic! I am self-employed from home now, and therefore no longer have
to suffer this annoyance in a shared office. However... I do find myself
vocalizing my opinion (sans delicacy) when I am forced through a wall of
cheap, low-quality fragrance when out and about in public.

Vicky M.
Calgary, AB