RE: Working Remotely (was: White Paper Editing & Standards Setting)

Subject: RE: Working Remotely (was: White Paper Editing & Standards Setting)
From: <j-m -at- creativeoptions -dot- com>
To: "'Me Too'" <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:29:16 -0500

Keith,

I know exactly what you're saying. This kind of thing is criminal. However,
I worked at VA on a project about a year and a half ago...dealt with exactly
these issues. We had secure VPN and I had my own security measures beyond
that. But more importantly, it was verboten to use real data in our work.
We used pre-determined artificial names and all 0s for social security
numbers and dummy addresses, phone numbers, etc. I can't even imagine what
the circumstances could have been that resulted in this. Beyond this, I was
required to carry an enormous insurance policy to cover such events.

On the other hand, I will remind you that there's no security anywhere. Not
long ago my bank card was stolen...within 6 hours a MAN signed my full name
and charged up $5,000 in three local stores where the cashier was supposed
to be checking ids.

Go figure.

Joan-Marie Moss
Joan-Marie Moss & Associates, Ltd