Re: Technical writing in the development process

Subject: Re: Technical writing in the development process
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, Me Too <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:12:39 -0700 (PDT)

> I think that for most of us things are somewhere in between, and
> that's not necessarily "bad" or "better." What matters is that you
> and the company are in synch as to what role you want to play and
> what role they want you to play, and that you receive the clear
> direction and support from your management that you need to be
> successful in that role. There is no particular reason why you as

I didn't mean to infer that unless your way was the same as ours, it
wasn't as good. Good is the process that works under given
conditions, everyone buys in on it, and the end users are satisfied.

I was IMing with an ex-boss last night from a position that had been
eliminated due to the department being outsourced overseas. I'd
created a document set under a set of conditions I was not happy with
and felt could have resulted in much better docs if the process had
been "better". His openning comment was how much easier the
transition had been because of the documentation.

There is never a good or bad...only what works or doesn't work.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"So long and thanks for all the fish."