Re: Coping with sub-par contractors - THANK YOU!

Subject: Re: Coping with sub-par contractors - THANK YOU!
From: iam nobody88 <iamnobody888 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 22:36:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi stuart,

You see, just because I'm in Asia doesn't mean I should be classified as "offshore". All HQs are not in Western countries. Despite the fact that we are in Asia, we are still outsourcing work to other Asian countries that offer services at more reasonable prices. I hope that clarifies.

iam nobody88 <iamnobody888 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
I got to read all your responses. Thank you so much for all the advice. Needless to say, all your responses have been reassuring, which means so much at this point.

Just to clarify with everyone, I did not have a say in the issue. I was a new hire a few months ago. I was hired on the premise that I was to revamp the whole technical writing thing in this company of about 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in Asia. I am their first in-house technical writer, believe it or not. So, I came in with high hopes I could make some big changes. Maybe I will still be able to make all those changes, but for now, I'm dealing with the problem of offshore contractors.

With all the advice you've sent me, I can now work on solving the current problem with a clearer head. It's a big challenge when you know you're going against a company's old ways of doing things, but as one put it here, as long as I propose my suggestions "in style", I might achieve favorable results. Thanks again! You guys are just great :)