OED says you CAN 'google'

Subject: OED says you CAN 'google'
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:27:09 -0400

Have you googled something recently? Until now "to google" was not _really_ a verb, of course. Here's a quick quote from an article by Anders Bylund of the Motley Fool at www.fool.com/News/mft/2006/mft06070510.htm?ref=foolwatch:

'The Oxford English Dictionary (OED), which bills itself as "The definitive record of the English language," added the company name as a verb in the latest round of updates, placing Google in such august company as FedEx, TiVo, and Xerox.'

Not that I've had the opportunity to use the term in Tech Comm, but I'm certain if I do they can look it up (or google it).

:)
Arroxane