Re: Push for Simpler Spelling: English as a Global Language

Subject: Re: Push for Simpler Spelling: English as a Global Language
From: Peter Lewicke <plewicke -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Sankara R <ss_rajanala -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 05:58:30 -0700 (PDT)

That's a good point about changes originating in
society, rather than being imposed. With English as an
international language with variations in
pronounciation everywhere, it would be impossible to
change spelling to more closely resemble all of the
local variations. Which pronounciation would be the
standard? It might be better to keep standard spelling
that has some relationship to what the language was at
some point.

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/plewicke%40yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com