Re: the Netherlands vs. The Netherlands (Lou Quillio)

Subject: Re: the Netherlands vs. The Netherlands (Lou Quillio)
From: Scott Abel <abelsp -at- netdirect -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:40:28 -0400

Lou:

Thanks for your comments on wikipedia. I use it constantly. And, I edit when I can. Sometimes others don't like my contributions and they edit my edits. Then another person will edit their edits. If all this editing improves the content overall, then the wikipedia is improved as well.

Sometimes, editors disagree. And those disagreements lead to written discussions and --eventually - to resolution. Those discussions are used to make the case for one edit or another and why what one editor suggested should remain or be removed from the wikpedia. The cool thing is, not only is there an "edit trail" but there is also a "discussion trail" so the history of the page edits and the editors discussions are not lost when editors move on or when a new editor jumps into the fray with a concept or idea that had been previously rejected. The history of the site activities is one of the best features wikipedia offers.

I wish I had this technology at so many past jobs. Think about how useful a "discussion trail" would be for your organization.

Again, thanks Lou.

That's the thing: WikiPedia is a high-value beginning but
emphatically not an end. Now we're back to Joe's point. There are
no ends to inquiry, and there never were. WikiPedia presumes the
user is enlightened to that fact.

Yeah, WikiPedia is user-editable, and that's what gets all the
attention. Just as importantly, it's user-auditable. They go together.

LQ

The Content Wrangler, Inc.
Scott Abel, Content Management Strategist
3421 Crystal Lakes Ct., Sarasota FL 34235
abelsp -at- netdirect -dot- net 941-359-3416
www.thecontentwrangler.com
Via Skype: abelsp

JOIN THE CONTENT WRANGLER COMMUNITY
Articles, news, events, jobs and more...and it's free!
http://www.thecontentwrangler.com