RE: translation

Subject: RE: translation
From: "Wroblewski, Victoria" <victoria_wroblewski -at- usr -dot- com>
To: <obair81 -at- comcast -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- c" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:08:40 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: obair81 -at- comcast -dot- net
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:55 AM

> Terms like Ethernet, countless acronyms, and so on.
>
> I am leaning to having these pieces translated, especially based on
folks' > comments so far.

We translate all of our stuff in to up to 16 different languages... if
you have a translation company that knows what they are doing, there is
no reason they should not be able to translate things.

For instance, French does have customized acronyms. They use those for
French. If a language does not have a translation, we instruct the
translators to provide a translation for the acronyms in-line with the
rest of the text (Acronym, followed by English text, followed by
translation). In the specific case of "Ethernet", languages that do not
have a translated word, like Turkish, just use "Ethernet".

- Victoria

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.

Thank you. USRobotics