RE: RoboHelp, RoboDemo, and Procedural Movies - Please Help

Subject: RE: RoboHelp, RoboDemo, and Procedural Movies - Please Help
From: "Sam Stuhlman" <Sam -dot- Stuhlman -at- w7optics -dot- com>
To: "Anthony" <italian_scribbles -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:24:36 -0400

I use Camtasia, which allows you to produce the movie in various
formats. You'll need to figure out somehow the format that is easiest
for most users. I did that by testing within my group. I gave them the
files with no instructions and waited to see who asked what. Then, I
sent 2 or 3 formats at a time and they decided what looked better. I
would package the movies separately and link them to the help. That way
if you need to change one, you just need to email a new file.

Also, you need to consider the users' computer platforms, monitor
resolution, etc. Is anyone using a Mac? Are they gamers with high-res or
testers with old cast off equipment?

Hope that helps.