Re: Eddress (was Email versus e-mail)

Subject: Re: Eddress (was Email versus e-mail)
From: "Guy K. Haas" <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: Brian Henderson <brian-henderson -at- cox -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:16:00 -0700

Brian Henderson wrote:

Although not exactly on-topic, this thread prompts me to ask whether anybody
has strong feelings, either way, about the evolving use of "eddress" for the
more well-known "e-mail address" (this -at- that -dot- com) ?

What "evolving" use? I have not seen it anywhere. Google shows some 38,600 instances for eddress.

On the other hand, what about "@dress"?

Note: when I try searching for @dress, the major search engines ignore the "@" and I see no syntax that would allow me to specify that the "@" was a literal. If that is the case, there is an argument against the coinage, and/or an argument FOR a change in the search engines.

--Guy K. Haas
Software Exegete in Silicon Valley