Re: Saints of communication

Subject: Re: Saints of communication
From: Stuart Burnfield <sburnf -at- au1 -dot- ibm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:41:23 +0800

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra

This gal sounds like a mentor for anyone who's ever said, "If we implement
it this way it's going to be difficult to document and impossible to use.
We'll get support calls...":

"In an alternative version, she spent a night at Apollo's temple
with her twin brother, at which time the temple snakes licked
her ears clean so that she was able to hear the future."

I once spent the night at Apollo's temple trying to get the graphics,
headers and footers, index, TOC and heading numbers working properly in
Word 6.0 and to stay put once they were fixed. By about 4.30 am, after
Word's sixth spontaneous repagination cycle, I felt as if my ears were
indeed being licked by snakes... from the inside.