RE: Reviewers who don't review

Subject: RE: Reviewers who don't review
From: "Jessica Weissman" <Jessica -dot- Weissman -at- hillcrestlabs -dot- com>
To: <beverly_robinson -at- datacard -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:27:02 -0400

I've used a box of toys from Archie McPhee to reward the developers for
answering my questions. It worked amazingly well, and by the time they
had all the Archie McPhee stuff they wanted, they were in the habit of
helping me out.

Caveat: this was for SME activity, not reviewing. Reviews have not
been a problem yet. If it turns out that they are, I'll ask management
to fund a slightly larger reward.

Custom T-shirts (even ones with iron-on letters from a crafts store)
work well in my environment. The day I showed up wearing one with a
line of code in our custom scripting language that said something
equivalent to "ignore this graphic" the level of cooperation increased
by an order of magnitude.

- Jessica