RE: Adding custom colors to Word template?

Subject: RE: Adding custom colors to Word template?
From: "Karen Murri" <kmurri -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "'Robotti, Anne \(Carlin\)'" <ARobotti -at- CarlinGroup -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:08:56 -0500

I spent some time looking into this problem and found no easy answers. Word,
as near as I could find, doesn't have a way to add colors to the default
palette.

It might work to create AutoText entries for the stuff you need to change.
If the AutoText entry is stored in your Normal template, it will be
available to all of your documents. You can use AutoText for just about any
type of text, object, table, or graphic (although I never tested the theory
with graphics) and it retains the formatting including styles and colors.
Create and format the element, select it, and then add it to your AutoText
(Insert/AutoText/AutoText -- AutoText tab).

Also, any text color can be made part of a style and it's fairly easy to
copy styles from one document to another (Tools/Templates and Add-Ins --
Organizer button).

Hope that helps,

-Karen