RE: Frame Maker deletes my changes when updating the index

Subject: RE: Frame Maker deletes my changes when updating the index
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: yoannlebleis -at- gmail -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:55:59 -0400

The TocBreaker plug-in from CudSpan will take care of this very easily.
It's a free plug-in that allows you to enter line breaks or other manually
inserted content in FrameMaker generated files (TOC, LOF, LOT, Index).
Download it from http://www.telecable.es/personales/cud/

But I must point out that the conventional way of generating "See" and
"See also" entries is to insert index markers with the <$nopage> switch
in your content files so that these entries are generated by FrameMaker
just like any other entries. If you take that approach, you'll only have to
use TocBreaker for the "continued" entries and any manual line breaks
you may be compelled to add by hand.

My opinions only; I don;t speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

From: "Yoann Le Bleis" <yoannlebleis -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 17:59:34 +0200

How can I prevent Frame Maker from deleting the text I add in the index when
I update it?

I lose my "continued" on top of columns and my "see" and "see also"?

Can somebody help me?