RE: Reviewers who don't review

Subject: RE: Reviewers who don't review
From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 11:39:36 -0500

Forgive me for possibly not understanding, because I have not been following
this thread closely, but I seem to remember that the original poster's point
was that somebody had signed off on something and the signature was supposed
to have meant that that somebody did in fact review the doc. Later
developments in the case proved that the review had not been that good.
Whether or not the somebody should have been reviewing that doc is a
completely different issue from what his signing off ought to have meant. In
my opinion, if someone signs off on a doc as having reviewed it, then that's
what it oughtta mean. Always and forever.

Jim Jones http://tinyurl.com/4arjc