Ventura experience

Subject: Ventura experience
From: Wanda Phillips <wanda -dot- phillips -at- philips -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 14:17:46 -0700

Like the others that answered that they've used it, I have used Ventura
Publisher (I think I still have the CD for it at home) and really liked
it. That was nearly ten years ago....
But, like every tool I've used in this business, there are things it can
do and things it can't. One of the biggest drawbacks was that nobody I
knew was using it. Everyone was using FrameMaker (which I also like) or
PageMaker (which I've used a few times, not enough to get comfortable).
I like it when I find a product that is designed in a way that fits my
mental model. It saves me hours of effort to be able to be up and running
"out of the box".

Wanda Phillips
Senior Technical Writer, Technical Communications, Ultrasound and
Monitoring
22100 Bothell Everett Hwy, Bothell, WA 98021-8431
425-487-7967
Wanda -dot- Phillips -at- philips -dot- com