RE: FW: Tech writers: our sad lives; the winter of our disco...

Subject: RE: FW: Tech writers: our sad lives; the winter of our disco...
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:05:24 -0400

> In case you're wondering what type of complaints I felt were stupid,
> they were comments such as "I don't like the way your daughter looks
> at me" (I offered to send her with sunglasses), "I don't like the way
> your daughter sits", etc.
>
> Pathetic, eh?
>
> Suzette Leeming

It's more than pathetic to me, Suzette. Those comments are what I would call
bright red flags that say "Warning!" I would have been horrified at the
inappropriateness, and I would have consulted with school administrators
immediately. Such comments are frightening, worrisome, and unprofessional.
They could be the precursor of something quite awful. I have no doubt that
teachers who have been convicted of crimes against children and others gave
similar signs of something being terribly wrong. It never hurts to alert
someone with authority. You just tell them the events, without comment. If
they don't get it immediately, you go to someone who has a brain.

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com