RE: Tech writers: our pathetic lives

Subject: RE: Tech writers: our pathetic lives
From: Sankara R <ss_rajanala -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Mike Schmidt <mschmidt -at- weathercentral -dot- tv>, "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:31:06 -0700 (PDT)

During tea breaks and over lunch, when I say:
"Hey, what was that you said? 'intentional
desire?' Hang on, desire is of course
intentional..." folks give me this weird look and
say, Ah, you don't have enough work and you are
now trying to 'edit' someone's speech.

In point of fact, I was only conversing casually
and it came out quite normally (not editorially,
really!)

My friend Kamat said once that in software
development: "What is not on page is not on
stage."

So, as far as S/W is concerned, no one is
building parthenons or inventing rear-done metal
and stuff.

The 'our' applies equally to all those who have
been inventing diseases and desires; and bombs
and stealth bombers.

====

Long live Edison...

http://mail.yahoo.com