Re: Do you edit with your mouth open?

Subject: Re: Do you edit with your mouth open?
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:00:47 -0400

It's good to know that I'm not the only person who admits to that
same "looking for the answer" behavior (although I don't stand on
one foot when I do it) or to have gotten into hot water for rolling
my eyes when asked a question. Since I couldn't seem to break
myself of the habit, I learned instead to exaggerate the tic by
tilting my whole head so that the motion is not just an eye roll.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, Susan Hogarth <hogarth -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:22:53 -0400

When I was a kid, I used to stick my tongue out when I was working hard
or concentrating hard. I stopped doing that at some time in my life, but I
don't know when.

However, when someone asks me a question, I roll my eyes and look up
and to the right. I think that's where the answer is stored. <g> Many years
ago, a conference speaker evaluation accused me of thinking that the
questions the audience asked were stupid because I rolled my eyes.
After that, I started giving a disclaimer before my talks.

Just recently, the subject of body language came up at home, and I told
my husband about that old eval and that I now give a disclaimer before
each talk. He laughed. Said he's seen me do it several times and that I
also stand on one foot when that happens.

-Sue Gallagher

Call friends with PC-to-PC calling -- FREE http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=wlmailtagline