A question about evaluations

Subject: A question about evaluations
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:51:38 -0700 (PDT)

What are your thoughts about the frequency and uses of
employee performance evaluations? At my current job I
have to endure this every year, and I was wondering
how common such evaluations are. Are they more common
in software companies than others? Do they seem to be
more common at higher-paying jobs or does the pay rate
not matter? Are they more common among companies in
some parts of the country than other?

I have googled for information on these kinds of
questions (despite their desire that I not use their
company name as a verb) and not found much that is
useful to me. There is a lot of information about
corporate performance evaluations, but so far all that
I've seen is studies about whether they are evaluating
the right things, or how cost-effective they are. I
have yet to see any kind of demographic breakdown.
Does anyone know of a web site that might provide such
information?

http://mail.yahoo.com