Re: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 10, Issue 26

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 10, Issue 26
From: "Brad Whittington" <brad -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:38:21 -0500

Jim,

As a newbie to tech writing and freelancing this year, I picked up a
copy of Peter Kent's book "Technical Writer's Freelancing Guide." It
has a great discussion of how to move from employee to using the
agencies to contracting on your own to consulting. It seems to be
relevant even though the book was released in 1992.

Since then I have noticed that his book "Making Money in Technical
Writing" seems to be a newer release of the same material (1997) with
two chapters added for writing for the web. I think they're both out
of print, but both can be had on Amazon for a few dollars plus
shipping.

By the way, I had a question, emailed Peter and he answered in a day
or two. Seemed to be a nice guy, too.

Good luck,
Brad