Type of documentation?

Subject: Type of documentation?
From: "Chris Orr" <got2940 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:40:38 -0400

I am trying to come up with a good name for the type of documentation I have been working on lately, but I'm not getting very far. Here's a description of it.

Where our release documentation has a narrow focus on specific products, this documentation has a wide focus on tasks or processes that span multiple products. It is published independently of product releases, to the company knowledgebase and/or online magazine. There is a possibility it could be published in trade magazines. This type of documentation is heavily informed by research into best practices, standards, the existing market, feedfback from consultants in the field, and such.

Our manager calls this documentation "best practices," but it's more than that. What would you call it?

Thanks,
Chris Orr

Call friends with PC-to-PC calling -- FREE http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=wlmailtagline