RE: Tools for software localization

Subject: RE: Tools for software localization
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "Andreas Ternes" <aternes -at- invitec -dot- com>, <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- TECHWR-L -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:34:42 -0700

I don't have any experience with these tools, but I have over 10 years
of software localization experience. Based on that, I suggest that you
contact your localizers and get their recommendations. I prefer to work
with a mid-level localization company that then manages translators for
individual languages. This seems to be by far the most cost-effective
and efficient process. A localization company may have its own
localization/translation tools or preferences for 3rd-party tools. The
C#/.Net environment is certainly popular and established, so you
shouldn't have a problem finding a company that you can work with.

A localization company will have much more experience with all the
considerations involved in localizing C#/.Net for all the countries
you're interested in. You should take advantage of this experience.
Every software company in the USA does it this way, even if the
localization "company" is simply a different division within the same
company.

Joe

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.