Re: DRM Activator?

Subject: Re: DRM Activator?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Jason A. Czekalski" <topsidefarm -at- mva -dot- net>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:56:50 -0700 (PDT)

> Yet another stupid example of why so many "national" or
> "international" standards never see "national" or "international"
> acceptance.

Actually, I was thinking of it as a situation where legit publishers
are trying to come up with standards to protect their intellectual
properties any way they can because the "international" community
doesn't respect or enforce that ownership. We, as users, suffer
because we're tring to live within the rules instead of relying on
Chinese or Russian-cracked copies.

Doesn't it say something how those who aren't the violator are the
ones that are being inconvienenced?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."