Re: Mouse Yips

Subject: Re: Mouse Yips
From: "Mitchell Maltenfort" <mmalten -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Elayne <sandahl -at- rogers -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 06:04:41 -0400

You might also want to check out getting a trackball. Just plug it
into a client computer (swapping it for the mouse). Probably easier
than installing voice software at each site.

On 9/8/06, Elayne <sandahl -at- rogers -dot- com> wrote:

Is anyone finding that they have mouse yips? What are mouse yips?
Well, I know that golf yips are when you're about to putt, and your
hands just jump for no reason and you ruin the putt. And I've noticed
that my hand jerks around sometimes when I'm trying to select something
-- using the mouse.

Well, I've been typing for almost 30 years, mousing for 15. My mousing
hand is getting worse and worse at selecting buttons and icons and the
smaller they are the more difficult selecting is.

The other day, my hand jerked so hard on the mouse that I moved a
directory at the client site. I don't know which one or where. I
couldn't even tell anyone which one. I can't stop laughing about it,
but I'm also investigating voice recognition software :)

Well, that and disability insurance....

Elayne in Ottawa

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as mmalten -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/mmalten%40gmail.com

I can answer any question.
"I don't know" is an answer.
"I don't know yet" is a better answer.