Anyone use DotNetHelp?

Subject: Anyone use DotNetHelp?
From: "Bill Stevens" <bill -dot- stevens -at- kratos -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:30:00 +0100

I output my online manuals as WebHelp projects, which users install on to
their PCs/laptops. The latest IE security update now blocks scripting
languages (which are used to display the TOC, etc.) and users then have to
temporally disable the security feature. However, they can permanently
disable the security feature, but we do not recommend that they do this.

At the recent European online help conference (Manchester, UK), someone (I
refuse to name drop) suggested that a solution is to output my manuals as
DotNetHelp. MadCap Flare has this feature. I understand that DotNetHelp is a
new replacement for HTML Help, but does anyone use it? What features does it
provide? What features are missing? Anyone have any views and opinions about
DotNetHelp?

Checking the MadCap web site again, I discovered that context-sensitive IDs
are not supported. Is it that Flare compiled DotNetHelp doesn't support
these OR is it that DotNetHelp does not have this feature?

Bill Stevens

Technical Author

Kratos Analytical Ltd, Wharfside, Trafford Wharf Road, Manchester M17 1GP.
Tel: +44 (0) 161 888 4400 Ext 330
Fax: +44 (0) 161 888 4401

Company Number 563161. Registered in England. Registered Offices as above.

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely
for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not
disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this transmission. If you
have received this transmission in error, it would be helpful if you could
notify us as soon as possible. Thank you.

http://www.star.net.uk