RE: R-E-S-P-E-C-T me! (Please!)?

Subject: RE: R-E-S-P-E-C-T me! (Please!)?
From: Diane Brennan <dalaine00 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Robotti, Anne \(Carlin\)" <ARobotti -at- CarlinGroup -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:09:11 -0700 (PDT)

If you want to learn humility, you need is a teenager! My son, now 25, used to explain my job to his friends by saying "you know how when you read the directions to set up your VCR and you can't do it because the directions don't make any sense? Those are written by technical writers!" But I'll get my revenge soon--he's studying to become an accountant. At least you don't see stories in the newspaper about tech writers going to prison for cooking the books!

"Robotti, Anne (Carlin)" <ARobotti -at- CarlinGroup -dot- com> wrote:

> Mike: My own mom who passed away at age 90 only two years ago
> this month only knew that I was a "writer" of some kind
> (essentially, "I write instruction books, Mom"), but was
> never clear on just what I did. It always made me so sad.

My Mom tells everybody, "She writes books about computers, they're way
too complicated for me! You could never understand them." Seriously, she
thinks I'm some kind of a genius. When I mentioned that my release notes
go up on the website at my new company, she told her Bible group that my
company publishes my documents on the Internet. I think now they all
think I'm like Stephen King for computers.

I just love my Mom. :)

Anne

Carlin Equities and its affiliates? (Carlin) e-mail systems are for business purposes only. Messages are not confidential. Authorized supervisors, compliance personnel, or internal auditors may review all e-mail. E-mail will be archived for at least three years and may be produced to regulatory agencies or others with a legal right to access such information. Carlin will not accept trade order instructions via e-mail. Please telephone your firm representative or the Order Room to place trade orders.

Please be advised that any discussion of U.S. tax matters contained within this communication, including any attachment, cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding U.S. tax-related penalties or promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as dalaine00 -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/dalaine00%40yahoo.com