Re: Software question - converting HTML to PDF

Subject: Re: Software question - converting HTML to PDF
From: Peter Lewicke <plewicke -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Uwe Tallmeister <uwe -at- raintreeinc -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 07:01:37 -0700 (PDT)

I think that the easiest solution for you would be use
Open Office Writer, which has a built-in export to
PDF. It will open HTML files or save word processing
files as HTML or PDF. I would also suggest that you
break the 500 page Word file into smaller pieces. If
you want it all together, pasting the pieces into a
master files by pasting links, rather than the text
would be easier.

Other solutions would require you to use several
pieces of software but would work. For example, you
move the pieces of the document into Framemaker, or
similar programs for conversion to PDF.

Too bad you're in Cal., or I would try to get you to
hire me to set up the files.

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/plewicke%40yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com